Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Why I'm Running for Re-Election


As the current ANC Commissioner for our area, I am dedicated to sustaining a neighborhood that respects the history of longtime residents while remaining inviting to newcomers.  I have worked to promote a safe and walkable community, create vibrant parks, and preserve the local heritage which makes our neighborhood a great place to live, work, and raise a family.

My background in construction and engineering includes a Masters degree from the University of Michigan in Construction Engineering, and I am a LEED Accredited Professional.  This experience has allowed me to effectively evaluate proposed projects in our neighborhood, and negotiate with District agencies and developers to ensure that community needs are met.

Our area has experienced tremendous growth over the past several years, which has led to both positive and negative changes in the neighborhood.  For example, while parking spaces have become more scarce, there are now more retail and employment options within walking distance to reduce the need to drive across the District.  The challenge continues to be how we can accommodate the new residents, while supporting those of us who are already here.  To achieve these twin goals, I have worked hard to support new affordable housing, parks, retail, and transportation options.

Please feel free to contact me anytime at Ward6Tony@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment